November 20, 2023
I’ve always found this time of year to be a time for reflection, thankfulness, and a chance to look forward with excitement to what a new year will bring.
As we reflect on the past year, we want to extend our sincerest gratitude to you for choosing Northeast Credit Union. We recognize that you have choices regarding your banking needs, and we’re grateful that you continue to select Northeast as your financial partner.
We want you to know that when you bank with Northeast Credit Union, you positively impact your community. From helping a mother who has tragically lost her child pay for funeral expenses to supporting a family in getting back on their feet after a devastating house fire, Northeast is here with products, services, and financial education that make a difference.
We believe that our value, what differentiates Northeast Credit Union from other financial institutions, is more than competitive rates and lower fees. We think it’s more than providing access and convenience, and it's more than providing exceptional service. We do all these things for sure, but what differentiates us is our impact on our members' lives and communities.
Your trust has been the cornerstone of our success over the past 87 years, and we are proud of the milestones we’ve achieved together. 2023 has been no exception.
Throughout this year, our remarkable team of passionate and talented individuals has worked tirelessly to enhance your banking experience and to make a positive impact in our communities. Here are just a few of the highlights:
- We’re on pace to originate nearly a half billion dollars in loans this year – the two most prominent needs are transportation and housing. Every time we make a loan, we know that we’re investing in an individual or a small business, and thereby, we’re also investing in our local communities.
- We improved our new member onboarding experience, reducing the average time it takes for a new member to join the credit union online from an average of 24 hours to less than 15 minutes.
- We awarded 26 students with $40,000 in scholarships to aid in furthering their educational dreams.
- In May, the Northeast Credit Union Foundation hosted its inaugural event, “Nourish Portsmouth,” bringing together 250 guests and 25 local nonprofits to celebrate community connection. The event honored Cross Roads House with the inaugural Nourish Award, reflecting the Foundation’s mission to enrich lives.
- Additionally, the Foundation organized the Nourish Network Road Race Series in Maine, impacting local communities and partnering with Grahamtastic Connection, Safe Passage, and Apex Youth Connection. These collaborations resulted in nonprofits receiving a 2023 Nourish Award and charitable contributions from the road race series.
- Inspired by our mission, our team members have dedicated thousands of hours volunteering in our communities across New Hampshire and Maine, donating over a thousand pounds of food to local food banks.
- Altogether, we contributed more than $150,000 to organizations committed to creating access to affordable housing, eliminating food insecurity, and supporting education.
Thank you for enabling us to put our money where our heart is – into New Hampshire’s and Maine’s communities where we work, live, and play.
You may have also seen that we announced that our new headquarters is coming to Dover, New Hampshire, in the spring of 2025. This cutting-edge facility represents a milestone in our journey. It will provide our dedicated team members with an environment that promotes inclusion, communication, and collaboration while empowering them to enhance services to you and the communities we serve. As a purpose-driven credit union, this pivotal move underscores our commitment to attracting and nurturing exceptional talent.
As we look forward into 2024, you will see a new and robust offering of banking products and services enabling members to impact their communities directly through their day-to-day banking with new deposit offerings, improved money movement capabilities, and more.
Our 87 years of rich history have provided us with a solid foundation. It’s an exciting time at Northeast Credit Union, and the future is filled with promise.
We’re proud to be a part of something bigger than ourselves, united by a common goal - bringing people together. It’s what community is all about, and as we engage with our mission to enrich and nourish the lives of others, we invite you to Join the Movement!
Thank you for being an integral part of this credit union! Your loyalty and support inspire us, and we’re grateful to be on this meaningful mission with you!
Chris Parker, President/CEO of Northeast Credit Union