All things payments, all in one place.
Whether you’re paying bills or paying back a friend, do it quickly and securely with a single login. Move your money in minutes — and spend more time doing what you love.
Pay Your Bills All from One Place
Pay a Bill
From rent to credit card bills, set up one-time payments or put recurring ones on autopilot directly through online banking.Learn More
Pay a Person
Need to pay someone back? Our P2P feature lets you send cash to anyone, anywhere using just an email address.Learn More
Set Up Bill Alerts
Stay ahead of upcoming bills by setting up bill alerts. We’ll give you a heads up, so you never miss a payment.Learn More
Sign Up for eBills
Less paper, less problems. Go paperless — and view each of your bill statements online in a single spot.Learn More
How to Sign Up for Bill Pay:
Log Into Digital Banking
Navigate to the Main Menu
Click On Bill Payment Under Payments
Follow the Prompts to Register
Start Paying the Simple Way
Need help getting set up? Give a Member Experience Specialist a call at888-436-1847
Bill Pay FAQs
Bill Pay is a service that allows you to pay virtually anyone or any company through your Digital Banking account. You determine who you want to pay when you want to make the payment, and which account you want the payment to come from. It’s safe, secure and easy to use.
First, you must have an Digital Banking account. If you do not have an Digital Banking account, you can enroll at www.necu.org. Then, you need to enroll in Bill Pay within Digital Banking by following the steps above. Lastly, you must have a checking account with us. If you have enrolled and have a checking account, you can make a payment in four easy steps.
Grab a Bill and login to your account at www.necu.org
Click on the “Bill Pay” link
Add your payee from the “Payees” tab
Enter the amount you want to be paid and make your payment
Payments are sent one of two ways: electronically or by check. The majority of payments are delivered electronically. Your payment information, such as your account number, is sent via a secure transmission. All other payments are made by check and mailed via the U.S. Postal Service. Payments are sent at 3 pm every business day. When a payment is submitted after 3 pm, the earliest it can be sent is the next business day.
- Electronic payments. Funds are withdrawn two business days before the “Deliver By" date.
- Check payments (non-electronic). Checks are mailed 5 days prior to the “Deliver By" date, however, funds will not be withdrawn from your account until the payee has processed your payment.
Here is a quick list of the many ways you can benefit from using Bill Pay.
- Save time. It takes only minutes to pay your bills each month. You save time on trips to the post office and filing away paper receipts. Smart features such as recurring payments allow you to set up a schedule to pay your bills automatically.
- Save money. Bill Pay saves on postage, envelopes, late fees and checks. If you pay just 10 bills per month, you can easily save over $75.001 per year.
- Stay organized. Your payment history is stored online so you won’t have to file and sort through paper receipts.
- Gain peace of mind. You can schedule payments in advance so you won't have to worry about paying bills when you travel. Bill Pay reminders are also available to notify you it’s time to pay your bill.
- Save paper. With Bill Pay, there are no checks to write or envelopes to mail. That’s good news for you and the environment.
When you add a payee, Bill Pay immediately begins the process of authenticating your payee information from your profile to the merchant database. This ensures that the payment will be accurately remitted to the merchant. Once your payee has been authorized, you may make a Rush Payment to that merchant.