Student Checking Plus1
The Free Checking Account For Big Life Plans.
Whether you’re off to get your college degree, planning your next road trip adventure, or moving into your first apartment (so adult of you), we know you’ll need easy access to your money – wherever your life takes you.
Enjoy the perks of a Student Checking Account
- No minimum balance required & no monthly maintenance fees
- Access to more than 30,000 surcharge-free CO-OP ATMs2
- Free Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Bill Pay, Mobile Deposit (with instant access to up to $500 of your funds), Mobile Wallet, Person 2 Person Payments, Manage your money with our free Personal Financial Management tool, myMoney
- Bank to Bank transfers
- No-annual-fee Visa® debit card - On the spot card issuing available in all our Branches
- Protect access to your Debit card with easy "on" and "off" controls, using CardValet
- Unlimited point-of-sale transactions
- Free first book of checks (we know you're using P2P, but it'll make your mother happy)
- Eligible for Northeast Credit Union Scholarships
It’s Easy to Open an Account!
1Account will automatically convert to Northeast Checking Account on member's 23rd birthday.
2 For non-NECU transactions, the institution that owns the terminal (or the network) may assess a fee (surcharge) at the time of the transaction. More than 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs in the U.S. and Canada are available through a network of CO-OP ATMs. Find a CO-OP ATM location here.