ePay Frequently Asked Questions
ePay allows you to pay a Northeast Credit Union loan by using an account at another financial institution. Making a payment towards any vehicle, mortgage, home equity, credit card or personal loan is fast, easy and secure.
1. How can I make my loan payment(s)?
You can make a payment online or by phone using our automated payment service. Simply call 1-888-534-6931 and follow the prompts.
2. What information is required to make an online payment?
For payments to a vehicle, personal, home equity or credit card loan you will need:
- your full account number(include the front zeros) followed by a dash and the loan ID number
- the zip code on the account
- last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
For mortgage payments you will be asked:
- for the Mortgage Service Loan number that appears on your monthly statement
- for your zip code
- for the last 4 digits of your Social Security number
- to accept the Terms and Conditions
Be sure to have your debit card information and/or bank account and routing information. Members are given the option to save the funding information to easily access for future use.
3. What payment methods are accepted?
Payments are accepted using a Debit card or a Savings or Checking account from another financial institution.
4. Can I use a credit card to make a loan payment?
No, credit cards are not accepted for loan payments.
5. How can I enroll?
It’s easy to enroll. Simply go to necu.org and select the ‘Make a Payment” button on the home page.
6. Is there a convenience fee for making a payment using ePay?
There is a $5 convenience fee for online or automated phone payments and a $10 convenience fee for payments assisted by a Member Service Representative at our Contact Center.
Please note that convenience fees DO NOT apply to credit card payments.
7. Is enrollment required to make an online payment?
Enrollment is not required to make a payment.
8. Can payments still be made through a Member Service Representative in your Contact Center?
Yes, Members may still make a payment by calling our Contact Center at 888-436-1847 and speaking with a Member Service Representative who will assist you. However, there will be a $10 service charge for all payments made through the Contact Center.
9. Can I set up recurring payments?
Yes, you can set up a same-day payment or schedule future or recurring payments.
10. For one-time payments, will payments be posted same day?
Yes, if the payment is made before 6pm it will be posted the same day. Payments made after 6pm will post on the next business day
11. How far in advance can I set up a one-time payment?
One-time payments can be scheduled up to 35 calendar days in advance.
12. Can I use my NECU Checking account for making one-time or recurring loan payments?
We would encourage you to use our FREE online banking and set up an automatic withdrawal from your NECU Checking. It will be FREE and more convenient for you.
13. Where do I find my Loan ID # for my accounts?
You can find your Loan ID #'s by looking on your statements. The Loan ID # is located in the grey box above their loan information. For Vehicle loans, you can also find this information on your loan coupons.
14. Can I pay more on my loan then the minimum payment?
Yes, simply type in the amount of the payment you wish to send instead of the regular monthly payment amount
15. Can I cancel my enrollment with the ePay payment service?
Yes, you can do it yourself by clicking on the Change Profile page where you can de-enroll or by calling our Contact Center at 888.436.1847.
16. Can a friend or family member make a payment from their account even if their name is not on my loan or my name is not on their checking account?
Yes, if a spouse, family member or friend is making the payment for you from their account, they need to make sure the correct account number and loan ID is on the payment in order for it to be processed correctly
17. Who do I contact in case I have trouble making a payment?
For assistance with making an online payment, call our Contact Center at 888.436.1847 and speak to a Member Service Representative.
18. How will I know that a payment has been received?
After the payment date, login into ePay and check the status of the payment by looking in "Payment History." If the status is "Complete" then the payment has processed. You can also check to see if the funds have been drawn from your bank account. You can also verify by checking email notifications of payments scheduled and payments processed.
19. Can a payment be cancelled when it has already been processed?
If the payment is still in a "pending" status, it may be cancelled. If the status is "complete," the payment cannot be cancelled.
20. How will the payment be reflected on my account?
The payment charge and the convenience fee will be reflected on the account statement separately. Payments made will show as ‘web payment’.
21. What are the hours for ePay?
Payments can be made online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. That's what makes it so convenient. Use it on your schedule, not on ours.
Payments made before 6pm will be posted the same day. All others will post the next day.