Teachers Who Wow
Do you know a teacher who goes above and beyond?
There are countless hardworking, dedicated and kind teachers that give way more than what is asked of them without hesitation, and we want to celebrate them!
How it works.
You Nominate a Teacher
You can nominate a teacher by filling out the form during the nomination period. Please be as detailed as possible!
Our Kindness Committee Reviews Nominations
Our Kindness Committee will review all nominations, narrowing down the winners.
Ten Teachers are Chosen To Win
Ten teachers will be chosen by the our Kindness Committee.
The ten teachers who get recognized will recieve a $100 gift card for all their hard work!
These are the Official Rules for Northeast CU’s (“Northeast CU”) Teachers Who Wow Contest.
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the United States and D.C. only (including territories, possessions, and commonwealths) and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. NO PURCHASE, ACCOUNT OPENING OR LOAN IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE, OPENING AN ACCOUNT OR OBTAINING A LOAN WITH NORTHEAST CU WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Purpose - Northeast CU believes at the heart of every community are good people doing great things. Northeast CU wants to celebrate hardworking, dedicated and kind teachers who go above and beyond, giving way more than what is asked of them without hesitation. If you are a student, fellow teacher, faculty member, parent, family or community member, we need your help. Northeast CU is seeking nominations of teachers, who are working hard in their classrooms or communities to show compassion, empathy and kindness. We encourage you to submit nominations for a teacher who is dedicated to showing kindness in their daily lives.
2. Sponsor – The Sponsor of this Contest is Northeast Credit Union, 100 Borthwick Avenue, Portsmouth, New Hampshire 03801.
3. Nomination Period - Entries will be accepted online at necu.org/teacherswhowow between October 15th and November 15th, 2021.
4. Nomination/Entry Guidelines - Anyone nominating a teacher for the Teachers Who Wow Contest must be EIGHTEEN (18) years or older and have permission from a legal guardian. No purchase is necessary. Contest rules and nomination forms can be found at necu.org/teacherswhowow. Nominations must be submitted online between October 15th and November 15th, 2021. Submissions must be original, may not be obscene or indecent, cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, profane or pornographic, or violent or otherwise promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by federal, state, territory, provincial or local law, ordinance, or regulation; cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; cannot be offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its players or its products or services, or other people, products, companies or third parties; cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; may not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity; may not in any other way violate any applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations; submissions not in compliance with these guidelines may be disqualified.
5. Eligibility - The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States, who, at the time of entering the Contest are EIGHTEEN (18) years of age or older. All entrants must be natural persons. Nominees must be a teacher that is currently employed at a public or private school, including, but not limited to at an elementary, middle or high school, university, secondary college, or tech school.
No entries from business entities accepted. Employees of Northeast CU, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in same household are not eligible to enter the Contest. Immediate family includes spouse, parents, siblings, children, stepparents, stepchildren, grandparents and grandchildren. What to Enter/Nominate a Teacher - Participants must submit their nomination within the dates specified in item 3, Nomination Period listed above to be eligible for the contest. Nominations must include nominee’s name, employer and a brief statement explaining how this person demonstrates kindness, dedication and selflessness. TEN (10) Finalists will be selected on or before December 10, 2021 and will be notified within FIVE (5) business days. The same nominee cannot be entered more than once.
For any photos shared in which a person is recognizable, you are agreeing that you have consent from the subject to share, or in the case of a minor, you are agreeing that you are the subject’s parent or guardian or have permission from his/her parent/guardian.
Photos/videos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
In addition, photos/videos may not contain the trademarks of any third party, nor may they contain lewd, inappropriate, threatening or obscene, defamatory or libelous images or content.
6. Judging Criteria - Entries will be judged by a panel of Judges selected by the Sponsor. Nominations/entries will be ranked by judges based on the following criteria:
1. Examples provided that demonstrate the acts of genuine kindness and empathy on a consistent basis.
2. Sharing how the Nominee makes others feel, in a positive way.
3. Detailed examples of how the Nominee’s actions and attitude makes their school, community better.
4. Explanation as to why the Nominee is considered a dedicated and kind teacher and should be a Grand Prize Winner.
Nominations that are detailed and descriptive are more likely to score higher and have a greater chance of winning.
7. Grand Prizes – Northeast CU will award TEN (10) prizes throughout this Contest period. Each winner will be awarded ONE (1) $100 Visa® Gift Card.
8. Claiming Prize - The selected winner(s) will have SEVEN (7) days to claim their prize from when notification is posted, or an alternative winner may be selected. The prize of a $100 Visa® Gift Card will be available to be collected at the Northeast CU local branch of the winner’s choice.
9. Taxes - Prize(s) are considered taxable income, and winner(s) will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes. Winner(s) may receive appropriate tax form reflecting the amount they receive as a prize.
11. Other Requirements - The winner may, at Northeast CU’s discretion, be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility, additional release of liability, and, where lawful, an additional publicity consent agreement. If a selected winner cannot be reached, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails to return the completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
12. Release and Hold Harmless - By entering this Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Northeast CU, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated entities, and each of their directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any damage, injury, expense, cost, death, loss, claim, action, demand, or other liability that may arise in connection with the Sweepstakes, or resulting from acceptance and/or use of any prize, travel to or from any prize-related activity, participation in this Sweepstakes, and from any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage.
13. Disqualification – Northeast CU reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules or any laws.
14. Applicable Law - Any dispute arising from this Contest will be determined according to the laws of the State of New Hampshire, without reference to its conflict of laws principles, and by entering the Contest, you fully consent to the personal jurisdiction of the State and Federal Courts located in Rockingham County, New Hampshire and agree that such courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
15. Winner Information - For the names of the prize winners, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope with a written request for information on the winners of this contest to:
Northeast Credit Union
Attn. Marketing; PO Box 1240
Portsmouth, NH 03802-1240.
16. For More Information - Call (888) 436-1847 or write us at:
Northeast Credit Union
Attn. Marketing Department PO Box 1240
Portsmouth, NH 03802-1240
The nomination period is currently closed. Check back in October for our 2022 Teachers Who Wow contest.