20 Random Acts of Kindness to Make the Most of RAK Week 2019
This year, Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) Week runs from February 10th to February 16th. For those that don’t know, RAK Week is a seven-day celebration where people around the world unite for one common goal: to spread kindness! At NECU, RAK Week is our favorite time of year, and we want you to join us!
Here is a list of 25 random acts of kindness ideas that you can complete by yourself, with a friend, or as a family.
1. Buy a Meal for a Veteran.
2. Offer to babysit for a busy family (free of charge).
3. Offer to cook for a friend, family member or neighbor.
4. Treat a friend to a movie.
5. Start a piggy bank for a cause.
6. Make someone laugh.
7. Help someone load groceries.
8. Donate unwanted clothes to your local second-hand store (ie: Goodwill or Savers).
9. Write positive sticky notes and leave them around your office or school.
10. Shovel your neighbor’s walkway or driveway.
11. Offer help to a busy mother or father.
12. Help a teacher buy school supplies at donorschoose.org.
13. Reconnect with an old friend.
14. Take the day to not complain.
15. Tutor someone.
16. Volunteer at a homeless shelter.
17. Buy someone coffee.
18. Help an elderly person with their groceries.
19. Hand out compliment cards.
20. Write a letter to a soldier.
21. Spend time with your grandparents.
22. Offer to walk your neighbor's dog for them.
23. Visit a senior center or retirement home.
24. Hold a teddy bear drive for children in need.
25. Donate old towels and blankets to your local animal shelter.