Identity Theft Protection
Keep your identity safe.
Identity theft happens when someone steals your personal information like your name, Social Security number or Credit Card number for illegal activity and to commit fraud.
Identity theft can happen to anyone but there are steps you can take to reduce your risk of becoming a victim.
Learn how to spot the warning signs of identity fraud.
Identity Theft Protection through Benefits Plus®1
With Benefits Plus® you can protect your identity and help prevent criminals from stealing your personal information by:
• Restoration rescue® services performed by a specialized licensed attorney at no additional cost
• Setting fraud alerts on your credit report
• Reducing junk mail for up to 5 years
• Protection for your children’s identity
• Ordering free credit reports
• Organizing personal and credit card information.
• Utilizing document recovery (to replace important documents if your wallet or purse is stolen)
What to do if your identity is stolen
• Contact Northeast Credit Union immediately at 888-436-1847 and let us know that your identity has been compromised
• Contact your other financial institutions, banks and creditors letting them know your identity has been stolen
• Close any accounts that you believe were tampered with
• Contact all credit reporting agencies and place a fraud alert
• Contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to report identity theft
• File a police report
Help us keep you safe
It’s very important that we have your current contact information (including phone numbers for home, work, mobile and email address) in case we need to notify you of a potential fraud risk.
Your participation and immediately responding to our contact efforts is a crucial step in helping to prevent fraud from happening to you.
• Contact us with your most up-to-date contact information
• Notify us if you will be traveling and using your Debit or Credit Card to avoid service interruptions
• To report Fraud on your Debit or Credit Card call 888-436-1847 or send us a secure message through Online Banking under ‘Message Center’.
Northeast Credit Union will never call, email or send a text message and ask you for your account numbers, PIN or other personal information.
1There is a fee associated with adding the Benefits Plus savings program to your checking account. Please refer to our schedule of fees. Members must have an NECU Checking Account to take advantage of this service. Some discount restrictions may apply. Northeast Credit Union has selected Benefits Plus, a fully independent third party benefits provider, to provide travel and other discounted services on an exclusive basis directly to Benefits Plus® members. Northeast Credit Union assumes no liability for any of the providers in fulfilling their services. All liabilities, claims, damages, and demands are the sole and direct responsibility of Benefits Plus and its independent services or benefits providers. Discounts received through the Benefits Plus® Program may not be used in conjunction with any other discounts. Benefits and services available through the Program are subjected to change without notice. Please visit www.benefits-plus.org for complete program details. All rights reserved, Benefits Plus, Inc.©. Terms and Conditions are applied to gift cards/certificates. Please see the merchant gift card/certificate for additional Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change at the merchant's sole discretion.