Tips for Preventing Fraud
Learn how to protect yourself from fraud.
Fraud can happen to anyone, at any time. That’s why it’s so important to equip yourself with the knowledge of how to protect your sensitive and financial information from getting into the wrong hands.
Here are a few things you can do to help reduce fraud from happening to you.
• Regularly monitor your accounts. Check your accounts often and look for unusual withdrawals, deposits, transfers and transactions.
• Set-up account alerts. Set-up email or text alerts to get notified when a deposit, withdrawal or balance changes in your account. Download our CardValet® app for easy card management via your mobile device.
• Be alert of your surroundings. Before using an ATM, or entering your PIN number on a keypad, look around. Scan for unusual items like cameras, mirrors or, card readers that appear tampered with before entering your PIN number. Always cover the keypad so no one can see when entering your PIN.
• Protect your personal and banking information. Never give personal or banking information (like PIN number, account number or username and password) to anyone, especially via email. Fraudulent emails (known as “phishing”) may ask you to make account changes or click a link to verify information. Don’t click on any links or sharing any of your sensitive information through email.
• Make your passwords strong. Strong passwords make it significantly more difficult for hackers to break into your accounts. Strong passwords are considered over 8 characters in length and made up of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
Help us keep you safe
It’s very important that we have your current contact information (including phone numbers for home, work, mobile and email address) in case we need to notify you of a potential fraud risk.
Your participation and immediately responding to our contact efforts is a crucial step in helping to prevent fraud from happening to you.
• Contact us with your most up-to-date contact information
• Notify us if you will be traveling and using your Debit or Credit Card to avoid service interruptions
• To report Fraud on your Debit or Credit Card call 888-436-1847 or send us a secure message through Online Banking under ‘Message Center’.
Northeast Credit Union will never call, email or send a text message and ask you for your account numbers, PIN or other personal information.