Fraud Prevention Tips
Tips on protecting yourself from fraud.
One of the best ways to prevent fraud is by educating yourself and taking precautions to safeguard your personal information. Below are some tips that can help you keep your personal information safe and secure.
Unless absolutely required for a legitimate business purpose, avoid giving out your:
- Address and ZIP code
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Card or account number
- Card expiration date
Guard Your PIN
In stores and at ATMs, always cover your card and PIN, and watch for:
- Cell phone cameras, mirrors, or other tools used to view cards and PINs
- People watching your transactions
- Cashiers taking your card out of sight; take it to the register yourself
- Any unusual activity at ATMs; if you feel uncomfortable, go to another ATM
Be Careful With Email
Never respond to unsolicited emails that:
- Ask you to verify your card or account number; such emails are not sent by legitimate businesses
- Link to websites that you don’t recognize; such sites can look legitimate but may collect data or put spyware on your computer
If you have any questions, or if you feel you have been the victim of identity theft, please contact a Member Services Representative at 888-436-1847.