Fraud Investigation Team
Helping to keep you and your accounts safe.
Fraud can happen to anyone, at any time. As your financial partner, we’re committed to protecting your accounts and cards from fraud and theft. That’s why we’ve teamed up with a fraud management system to help identify and stop suspicious or fraudulent transaction on your account.
How We Keep You Safe
• Our Fraud Investigation team is on guard to anticipate, address and help prevent security threats.
• We monitor payment channels for suspicious transactions to detect fraud. If we detect something outside of your normal behavior, we’ll call or send an email to verify the transaction.
• Our online banking is designed with an added security feature that automatically logs you out after 10 minutes of inactivity. This helps to reduce risk from unauthorized access to your account.
• Need to connect with us online? Use secure messaging through Online Banking. You’ll be alerted via email when you receive a response from us.
• As an added layer of security, we encrypt the data on your Debit and Credit Card to protect your confidential banking information. When you make a purchase, your card number is replaced with a special code called a ‘token’ that allows you to complete the transaction more securely.
Help us keep you safe
It’s very important that we have your current contact information (including phone numbers for home, work, mobile and email address) in case we need to notify you of a potential fraud risk.
Your participation and immediately responding to our contact efforts is a crucial step in helping to prevent fraud from happening to you.
• Contact us with your most up-to-date contact information
• Notify us if you will be traveling and using your Debit or Credit Card to avoid service interruptions
• To report Fraud on your Debit or Credit Card call 888-436-1847 or send us a secure message through Online Banking under ‘Message Center’.
Northeast Credit Union will never call, email or send a text message and ask you for your account numbers, PIN or other personal information.