Helping to protect your credit and debit card from fraud.
At Northeast Credit Union, we are committed to safeguarding and protecting your personal and financial information. Our Fraud Alert Management system –monitors your card activity 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to learn your behavior patterns. If a transaction is detected outside of your normal behavior, we will contact you to verify the transaction.
Examples of transactions outside of your normal behavior may include:
- Sudden change in location
- String of costly purchases
- Any new fraud trends worldwide
It is important to note, that our Alert Management System will never ask you to verify your social security number or card number during the verification process.
Should we suspect fraudulent activity, we will attempt to contact you to verify the transaction(s):
#1. Automated Phone Call (Please note: 800-279-2674 will appear on your caller ID)
- Simply follow the prompts and respond using your keypad.
- If we are unable to reach you, we will leave a message.
- You will be provided this toll free number 877-253-8964 to call should you have additional questions.
IF WE RECEIVED NO RESPONSE VIA AUTOMATED PHONE CALL, THE FOLLOWING ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE:
- If we are unable to reach you by text message or phone call, we will send you an email.
Help Us Help You
It is very important that we have your current contact information on file including phone numbers for home, work, mobile and email address. Your participation in responding to our contact efforts is critical to preventing potential risk and avoiding restrictions we may place on the use of your card.