8 Banking Tips to Avoid Germs
As influenza and coronavirus cases continue to rise, people are looking for ways to stay safe and healthy while trying to maintain some normalcy in their daily lives. While we’re not experts on disease control, we do have some helpful solutions to help you minimize your exposure while doing your banking.
This single most important thing you can do – wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds while singing “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice. Wash them frequently, especially after handling money, before eating, after coughing or sneezing, after using the restroom or shaking hands with people.
Here are 8 simple ways you can manage your money while limiting your exposure to unwanted germs.
1. Online and Mobile Banking – Whether you’re at work or comfy at home binging your favorite TV show, you can access your money and accounts at the free will of your fingertips while saving yourself a trip to the branch. Make transfers, deposits, and pay bills on your desktop or mobile device without worrying about exposure to germs.
2. Bill Pay – Whether you’re paying bills or paying back a friend, you can send money now or schedule a payment for later using your desktop or mobile device. Who knew paying bills could be so easy and keep you safe while also saving you on stamps, envelopes and checks?
3. Mobile Deposit – Depositing a check is a rewarding feeling – and with our Mobile Deposit tool through Mobile Banking, we make it easy to get instant access (up to $500) to your funds while sparing yourself the worry of wondering that used the pen at the branch before you.
4. Direct Deposit – We know that receiving your check on pay day is the best part of the week. Make it seamless and easy by adding your Northeast Credit Union account to your employers direct deposit list and check off one less public place you’ll have to be.
5. Mobile Wallet – Did you know that the cash in your wallet can be home to many different types of bacteria? Yuck! Pass on the cash, and link your Debit and Credit cards to Mobile Wallet, an app that turns your phone into a visual wallet that you can use to pay at stores such as Market Basket, Target, Walgreens, etc.
Added bonus! Mobile Wallet doesn’t send your credit or debit card number with your payment. Instead, it uses a token to represent your account information so your card details are never shared with the merchant and you stay safe.
6. Person to Person (P2P) Payments – Skip out on the ATM and feel confident paying your friends, family or landlord by using P2P. Sending money is quick, easy, secure, and best of all – free of germs from the comfort of your phone. Sign up for our free Bill Pay service online to take advantage of this tool.
7. Telephone Banking is another great option for avoiding trips to the branch! Banking by phone gives you fast, easy, and confidential access to your accounts. Use the touch-tone keypad or go "hands free" by using the voice-activated teller. With the voice-activated system you can perform a variety of transactions anytime, anywhere, simply by speaking into your phone.
8. Apply online – Did you know that you can apply for our products and services such as a Checking Account, Auto Loan, Mortgage, etc., from the comfort of your home? Visit us online to take care of all your financial needs.
As always we’re here to help you every step of the way. Feel free to call 1.888.436.1847, select Option 6, and one of our helpful Member Services Representatives will be happy to assist you.
By utilizing these safe and secure online and convenience channels, you can stay on top of your banking while avoiding potential exposure to illness and germs. For other ways to protect yourself and your family visit the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) website.