It's The Holiday Season
A little love goes a long way.
It’s gift-giving season, which can be both exciting and stressful at times! We want to shower all the people that touch our lives throughout the year with a life-changing gift. There’s Mom and Dad, your kids, your best friend Kerry, teachers, co-workers – don’t forget your dog walker and book clubbers! As the list starts to snowball we feel overwhelmed and may even begin to dread this time of year...
Give yourself permission to think differently this year. Some of the best gifts you can give are simple, thoughtful, and won’t break the bank.
Here are 8 gift ideas that are easy, affordable and a heartfelt!
1. Show Community Love – Nothing says “I care” more than giving back to those who need it most. Why not make a donation in their name to a favorite community charitable organization. Send a card with a special note about how the donation might be used– “Giving the gift of love by supporting all the animals looking for forever homes at the NHSPCA.” Look up charities by state.
2. Movie Night – Buy movie passes or an instant streaming gift certificate – package them up with a couple boxes of their favorite sweet and salty treats.
3. Good Reads – Send them a $10 gift card to Amazon along with a list of the best books you’ve read this year. You can even include an inexpensive throw blanket – because there’s nothing better than a cozy blanket and a good book.
4. Puppy Love – For your dog loving friends you can pick out a personalized dog collar along with treats and a new toy.
5. Recipe for Success – Have a special recipe that your friends are always requesting? Whip up a few batches, wrap in cellophane with a cute bow, wooden spoon and attach a handwritten recipe card with any tips or tricks to make the dish delish! With busy schedules and pop-in visitors, extra dishes are always appreciated.
6. Tea Time – Create a circle of goodness for your tea loving friends with a colorful wreath made up of their favorite tea flavors. It can be as intricate or as simple as you like – all you need is (2) 12x12ish pieces of cardboard, some colorful paper, 24 clothespins, hot glue, a ribbon for hanging and tea bags! Great gift for teachers, friends, or as a hostess gift!
7. Bring Memories to Life – Take your favorite photos from throughout the year from your cell phone or social sites and create a "yearbook of memories" with notes about your favorite moments. You can make this an annual tradition and enjoy reliving those special times.
8. TIME. If there is one thing more than anything else, it is that friends and family would rather have time with you. The gift of time spent reaps rewards that will pay you back for the rest of your life! Money spent on fancy gifts and toys is fun and exciting, but eventually, the excitement fades away and is replaced with new desires for something else. Memories last forever.