1These are the Official Rules for Northeast Credit Union’s (“NECU”) Checking for Real Life Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE, ACCOUNT OPENING OR LOAN IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE, OPENING AN ACCOUNT OR OBTAINING A LOAN WITH NECU WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Terms and Conditions - By entering the Sweepstakes, you fully and unconditionally agree to abide by and accept these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in your disqualification from the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility - The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States, who, at the time of entering the Sweepstakes are eighteen(18) years of age or older. All entrants must be natural persons. No entries from business entities accepted. Employees of NECU, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in same household are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Immediate family includes spouse, parents, siblings, children, stepparents, stepchildren, grandparents and grandchildren. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID IN RHODE ISLAND, FLORIDA, NEW YORK AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, RULE, REGULATION OR ORDINANCE.
3. Sweepstakes Period - The Sweepstakes begins on June 1, 2018 at 12:00 am Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends on September 30, 2018 at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Only one entry per person is allowed.
4. How to Enter – No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. There are Two Methods of Entry: During the Sweepstakes period, you may enter by: Automatic Entry. You will automatically receive one Sweepstakes entry when you open any new Northeast, Elite, Relationship or Student Plus checking account at Northeast Credit Union (NECU) during the Sweepstakes Period. Student Checking Plus Accounts must be funded with a minimum of $50 at time of opening to be eligible for automatic Sweepstakes entry. Northeast, Elite and Relationship Checking Accounts must be funded with a minimum of $100 at time of account opening to be eligible for automatic Sweepstakes entry. The automatic Sweepstakes entry will be submitted in the name of the primary account holder. Alternate Means of Entry. You will receive one Sweepstakes entry when you complete a 3 x 5 index card with your complete name, age, address, phone number and email address; you can drop off at any Northeast Credit Union branch or send by mail to Northeast Credit Union, Attn. NECU Checking for Real Life Sweepstakes, PO Box 1240, Portsmouth, NH 03802-1240 . Entries must be received before 5 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) [End of Business] on September 30, 2018.
5. Prizes – (1) Grand Prize Winner of $5,000, (1) Second Prize Winner of $1,000 and (5) Runner-Up Prizes of $500 will be randomly selected by random drawing held on or about October 10, 2018 from all eligible entries received. The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. The winners will be notified no later than October 19, 2018 via email or phone call to the information on file at NECU. Prizes will be deposited into winner’s NECU accounts or presented by check in person. Prizes are non-transferable and prize substitution will not be allowed.
6. Taxes - Prize(s) are considered taxable income, and winner(s) will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes. Winner(s) may receive appropriate tax form reflecting the amount they receive as a prize.
8. Other Requirements - The winner may, at NECU’s discretion, be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility, additional release of liability, and, where lawful, an additional publicity consent agreement. If a selected winner cannot be reached, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails to return the completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
9. Release and Hold Harmless - By entering THIS SWEEPSTAKES, you agree to release and hold harmless NECU, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated entities, and each of their directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any damage, injury, expense, cost, death, loss, claim, action, demand, or other liability that may arise in connection with the Sweepstakes, or resulting from acceptance and/or use of any prize, travel to or from any prize-related activity, participation in this Sweepstakes, and from any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage.
10. Disqualification - NECU reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules or any laws.
11. Applicable Law - Any dispute arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New Hampshire, without reference to its conflict of laws principles, and by entering the Sweepstakes, you fully consent to the personal jurisdiction of the State and Federal Courts located in Rockingham County, New Hampshire and agree that such courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
12. Winner Information - For the name of the prize winner, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope with a written request for information on the winner of this contest to:
Northeast Credit Union,
PO Box 1240;
Portsmouth, NH 03802-1240.
For more information, call (888)436-1847 or write us at:
Northeast Credit Union
PO Box 1240
Portsmouth, NH 03802-1240.