Members under the age of 23 are eligible for the Student Savings account. At the end of the month of the member's 23rd birthday, the account will automatically convert to a regular savings account at the savings rate at the time of conversion. One account per qualifying member.
This account grows with your young saver and is perfect for ages 14-22.
With a Student Savings account, tweens, teens, and college students can:
- Save for what's important to them
- Learn to manage their money
- Get the most of their savings by earning dividends
- Easily deposit and withdraw their money with an ATM card
Parents will also love the great features of this savings account. Our youth accounts:
- Offer a higher return on the first $500 on deposit
- Have no monthly maintenance fees
- Can be opened with as little as $5
- Can be easily set up so that family members can make automatic deposits or transfers from their NECU account into the Student Savings account
It’s Easy to Open an Account!