Transfer the balances of
your high-rate cards
Consolidate all of your high-rate retail store credit cards and other high-rate cards to one low-rate Northeast Credit Union (NECU) Visa® credit card. With no balance transfer fees, and low rates, you will have your bills paid off in no time.
Here are a few ways to go about it:
- Online Banking: Log into online banking, click ‘Transfer’. In the ‘transfer funds from’ drop down select your credit card. In the ‘transfer funds to’ drop down, select your checking account and that’s it! Funds are immediately available for check writing or electronic bill payments. This is the fastest, easiest way!
- By Phone: Simply call 1-888-436-1847, choose ‘option 1’ for automated banking and follow the automated prompts to easily transfer funds from your credit card to your NECU checking account.
- At a Branch: Stop by any branch location and ask to have funds advanced from your NECU credit card to your NECU checking account. *Please note: we must have your physical NECU card to process this.
- Request Checks: Stop by any branch location, request a Visa® convenience check and walk out with a check in hand. Or call 1-888-436-1847, speak to a Member Services Representative and request a check be mailed to you.
- Electronic Transfer: Pay off your high interest rate credit card directly from their website using your NECU Visa®. *Please note, this option is only available if a credit card payment option is available.
Don't have an NECU Visa® Credit Card? Choose the card that is right for you.
Compare our four Visa® Credit Card options to see what one is best for you. Each card is designed with our members' needs in mind- unique to various preferences.