Peter J. Kavalauskas Memorial Scholarship
One $5,000 scholarship awarded to an applicant who is dedicated to making a positive difference in the world.
The student applying must be a member in good standing of Northeast Credit Union for one year or longer (on or before January 15th, 2019). The applicant must also be planning to attend or currently attending a 2 year accredited community college in the fall.
This scholarship is available to:
- High school seniors
- Students currently enrolled in a 2-year program
- Future students not currently attending school but have been accepted to a 2-year program.
Please note that our applications are now online using Survey Monkey. You will need the following items to complete your application. We strongly recommend completing the online form after gathering the needed documents and information:
- A current school transcript (must be postmarked by March 4th, 2020)
- Letters of recommendation from the following (pick two):
- High school faculty
- Community organization member
- A 300–500 word essay on the following:
“How do you plan to make a difference in the world?”
- Have available a list of honors or awards, academic activities, volunteer work, employment, and leadership positions – these will be needed to complete the application.
If any portion of the application is incomplete or missing, the application will not be considered. An awards ceremony hosted by Northeast Credit Union will take place in May 2020.