Northeast Credit Union General Scholarships
Eight $1,500 scholarships and twelve $1,000 scholarships awarded to applicants selected by the Northeast Credit Union scholarship committee.
The student applying must be a member in good standing of Northeast Credit Union for one year or longer (on or before January 15th, 2018).
This scholarship is available to high school seniors who will be attending a 2 or 4 year accredited college or technical school next year.
Please note that our applications are now online using Survey Monkey. You will need the following items to complete your application. We strongly recommend completing the online form after gathering the needed documents and information:
- o A copy of your current school transcript (we will accept an “unofficial” transcript from your school)
- Letters of recommendation from two teachers.
- A 300-500 word essay on the following:
- What makes Northeast Credit Union different than a for-profit financial institution?
- How does Northeast Credit Union demonstrate the credit union’s “people helping people” philosophy?
- If you were the President/CEO of Northeast Credit Union, what is one initiative/program you would implement?
- A letter of acceptance from a college that you’ve applied to.
- Have available a list of honors or awards, academic activities, volunteer work, employment, and leadership positions – these will be needed to complete the application.
Complete the application form and submit no later than March 1st, 2019.
If any portion of the application is incomplete or missing, the application will not be considered. Presentations of scholarships will be made at the chosen students' high school awards nights during May and June.