The Love Your Community Scholarship
Eight (8) $1,500 scholarships and ten (10) $1,000 scholarships awarded to applicants selected by the Northeast Credit Union scholarship committee.
The student applying must be a member in good standing of Northeast Credit Union for one year or longer (on or before January 15th, 2019).
This scholarship is available to high school seniors who will be attending a 2 or 4 year accredited college or technical school next year.
Please note that our applications are now online using Survey Monkey. You will need the following items to complete your application. We strongly recommend completing the online form after gathering the needed documents and information:
- o A copy of your current school transcript (we will accept an “unofficial” transcript from your school)
- Letters of recommendation from two teachers.
- A 300-500 word essay on the following:
- What makes Northeast Credit Union different than a for-profit financial institution?
- How does Northeast Credit Union demonstrate the credit union’s “people helping people” philosophy?
- If you were the President/CEO of Northeast Credit Union, what is one initiative/program you would implement?
- A letter of acceptance from a college that you’ve applied to.
- Have available a list of honors or awards, academic activities, volunteer work, employment, and leadership positions – these will be needed to complete the application.
If any portion of the application is incomplete or missing, the application will not be considered. An awards ceremony hosted by Northeast Credit union will take place for all winners in May of 2020, date TBD.
*Please note this scholarship was previously known as "The Northeast Credit Union General Scholarship"