Community Champion Scholarship
Two $2,500 scholarships available for students who have demonstrated a strong commitment to their school and communities but does not hold leadership positions.
The student applying must be a member in good standing of Northeast Credit Union for one year or longer (on or before January 15th, 2018).
This scholarship is available to high school seniors who will be attending a 2 or 4 year accredited college or technical school next year.
Please note that our applications are now online using Survey Monkey. You will need the following items to complete your application. We strongly recommend completing the online form after gathering the needed documents and information:
- A copy of your current school transcript (we will accept an “unofficial” transcript from your school)
- Letters of recommendation from two teachers.
- A 300 - 500 word essay on the following:
- Tell us how you’ve led by example (behind the scenes) to benefit your community, team or a specific organization. Note: “lead by example” meaning you may not have had the lead role or leadership position, but your consistency, actions, and commitment were key to overall success.
- Describe a specific time when your quiet dedication and commitment proved to be critical to the success of your team, organization, and/or community. Tell us about obstacles or challenges you faced and how you worked to overcome them.
- A letter of acceptance from a college that you’ve applied to.
- Have available a list of academic activities and volunteer work – these will be needed to complete the application.
Complete the application form and submit no later than March 1st, 2019.
If any portion of the application is incomplete or missing, the application will not be considered. Presentations of scholarships will be made at the chosen students' high school awards nights during May and June.