NEW - Adult Achievement Scholarship
One $2,000 Scholarship awarded to an adult with a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent who is committed to using education to better their life and that of their family and community.
The student applying must be a member in good standing of Northeast Credit Union for one year or longer (on or before January 15th, 2019).
This scholarship is available to any member who has graduated High School or who has their GED who will be attending or is currently enrolled in a 2 or 4 year accredited college or technical school.
- A copy of your current school transcript or most recent (high school/ GED -we will accept an “unofficial” transcript from your school).
- Letters (2) of recommendation from organizations you regularly volunteer with, your current place of employment (supervisor), former teacher/coach.
- Applicants must write an essay (300-500 word) outlining their personal achievements and career goals since their completion of High School and or GED and what the Adult Achievement Scholarship would mean to you.
- A letter of acceptance from a college or technical school that you’ve applied to or are currently enrolled in.
- Have available a list of honors or awards, academic activities, volunteer work, employment, and leadership positions – these will be needed to complete the application.
If any portion of the application is incomplete or missing, the application will not be considered. An awards ceremony hosted by Northeast Credit union will take place for all winners in May of 2020, date TBD.