Coronavirus (COVID-19): Important Information For Our Members
Posted on 4/9/2020
Federal Government Stimulus Checks – What You Need To Know
Over the next few weeks, qualified individuals and families will be receiving a stimulus payment directly from the IRS via direct deposit or by a check in the mail. If you have questions regarding these payments, we have the answers for you! Visit our Federal Government Stimulus Checks Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Posted on 4/6/2020
Dover Branch Temporarily Closed
Northeast Credit Union was informed on Monday, April 6, 2020 that an employee at our Dover branch has tested positive for Covid-19.
Upon receiving this information, we immediately closed our Dover Branch Location, in an abundance of caution for our members, staff, and our communities.
We are following Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and have deep-cleaned the branch. No other known cases have been reported by branch staff or other members at this time.
We will notify members when we decide to reopen the branch at a later date.
Posted on 4/1/2020
We're still hiring
As more and more members of our communities are facing financial hardship and unemployment, we want you to know we are here for you – and we are still hiring. Northeast Credit Union is committed to the health and wellness of our applicants, employees, and members as financial institutions continue to play a critical role in the everyday lives of our communities. Check out the list of current careers offered at Northeast Credit Union here.
Posted on 3/25/2020
Where can I go to take care of my banking needs?
Learn all of the ways we can help you continue a smooth relationship with us as we have shifted to drive-up only banking. Our teams are still ready to help you with all of you financial questions and concerns. Click to see a chart on all of the ways we can serve your needs.
Fraud & Security Tips
We are sharing tips to keep yourself and your accounts protected. Many opportunist have taken advantage of COVID-19 to scam people, don't be one of them! Learn more about current scams and ways you can stay protected here.
Posted on 3/16/2020
In an effort to exercise extreme caution for our members, staff and those most at-risk within our communities, we have made the decision to close the lobby of each one of our branch locations beginning Wednesday, March 18th until further notice; branch drive-ups will still be open and accessible to you. We must do our part to promote social-distancing to the best of our abilities as recommended by both the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
We encourage you to utilize the following options to keep your banking relationship with us running as smoothly as possible during these uncharted times for all of us.
Digital Banking Channels:
Learn how to enroll in Online Banking here.
We also encourage you all to take advantage of Mobile Wallet, a tool that allows you to upload your Northeast Credit Union Debit or Credit Card directly to your smartphone to avoid having to use pin pads at point of sale terminals.
Remember, aside from Northeast Credit Union ATM locations you also have access to 30,000+ surcharge-free ATMs through the Co-Op ATMs and Shared Branching network.
Please reach out to our Contact Center at 888-436-1847 with any additional questions and concerns. We ask that you please be patient with us as we are experiencing higher call volumes than usual and are working to serve as many people as possible.
As catalysts for kindness in our communities, we have decided one of the best ways we can be kind to one another is to take the health, safety and overall well-being of our members, and our employees to heart. We owe it to each other to stay healthy and be patient with one another during a challenging time for all of us.
As your financial institution you have put a great deal of trust in us to keep your best interest at heart and we will continue to do that. Thank you for being a member, we love having you.
Posted on 3/13/2020
At Northeast Credit Union, our highest priority is the safety & wellness of our members, employees/, and the communities we serve. As your financial partner, we are committed to delivering the same high-quality experience in our branches, over the phone, and online that you can count on.
With the growing concern surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking precautionary measures to ensure everyone’s safety.
What We Are Doing
- We have created a cross-disciplinary team to monitor COVID-19 reports from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and local officials so we can respond quickly to ensure the safety of our members, employees and to provide business continuity.
- We are requiring all employees who are feeling ill to remain home.
- We have removed branch coffee & watering stations.
- We have expanded our sanitation, cleaning and disinfecting procedures at all locations in accordance with CDC protocols.
- Our lobbies will be closed and we'll be providing drive-up services only.
Bank Anywhere, Anytime with Mobile & Online Tools
During these times, when it’s best to keep social distancing as a top priority, we encourage you to use our digital services to access your accounts.
- Online and Mobile Banking – Access your accounts 24/7.
- Bill Pay – Send money now or schedule a payment for later using your desktop or mobile device.
- Mobile Deposit – Skip the trip to a branch, and deposit your checks through mobile banking.
- Telephone Banking - Banking by phone gives you fast, easy, and confidential access to your accounts. Use the touch-tone keypad or go "hands free" by using the voice-activated teller.
Protect Yourself from Fraud - Remember that Northeast Credit Union will never:
- Send you an email or text message requesting account numbers, passwords, PINs, or other personal information.
- Send you an email or text message regarding account deactivation or debit/credit card activation/deactivation.
- Call you and ask you to provide us with information we already have available such as account numbers, passwords, PINs or other personal information.
For additional details about COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at cdc.gov.
Thank you for your patience as we work through these difficult times. We are working hard to maintain normal levels of service, but we are aware that wait times in the lobbies and over the phone may be extended, this is another good reason we encourage you to bank with us via our digital channels. We are grateful for your business and have your best interests at heart; the safety of everyone is our highest priority.
Timothy J. Collia