Have card confidence knowing that every time you use your Northeast Credit Union Card (Debit or Credit) you’re entered for a chance to win $2,500!
For added confidence when using your NECU Cards:
• 24/7 Fraud Monitoring (for your security)
• Access to Mobile Wallet (for your convenience)
• Personalized Design Options (for you to have a great looking card)
Don’t have an NECU card? Get your card today!
These are the Official Rules for Northeast Credit Union’s (“NECU”) Cards For Real Life Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). NO PURCHASE, ACCOUNT OPENING OR LOAN IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE, OPENING AN ACCOUNT OR OBTAINING A LOAN WITH NECU WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility -The NECU Cards for Real Life (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States, who, at the time of entering the Promotion are eighteen years of age or older. All entrants must be natural persons. No entries from business entities accepted. Employees of NECU, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in same household are not eligible to enter the Promotion. Immediate family includes spouse, parents, siblings, children, stepparents, stepchildren, grandparents and grandchildren. THIS PROMOTION IS VOID IN RHODE ISLAND, FLORIDA, NEW YORK AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, RULE, REGULATION OR ORDINANCE.
2. Promotion Period- Begins at 12:00:00AM (EDT) on October 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 EST on December 31, 2018 (“Promotional Period”).
3. How to Enter- There are three (3) ways to enter: 1) Automatic Entry: An eligible Northeast Credit Union (NECU) Visa Credit Card cardholder will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each eligible NECU Visa Credit Card purchase made during the Promotional Period at a participating merchant location in the U.S. Only eligible NECU Visa Credit Card purchases or payments made with a NECU Visa Credit Card that is not in default under the customer agreement for that account and issued by a participating financial institution in the U.S., processed through Visa U.S.A. Inc.’s transaction-processing system during the Promotional Period are eligible for automatic entry. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Account adjustment transactions/returns, cash advances, balance transfers, non-U.S.-dollar purchases, Interlink®-processed transactions, purchases authorized by entering a PIN (personal identification number), payment of late fees or over-limit fees, and Visa health and benefit cards are excluded from automatic entry. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Visa Credit Cards or card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. 2) Automatic Entry: An eligible Northeast Credit Union (NECU) Visa Debit cardholder will automatically receive one Sweepstakes entry for each eligible NECU Visa Debit Card purchase made during the Promotional Period at a participating merchant location in the U.S. Only eligible NECU Visa Debit Card purchases or payments made with a NECU Visa Debit Card that is not in default under the customer agreement for that account and issued by a participating financial institution in the U.S., processed through Visa U.S.A. Inc.’s transaction-processing system during the Promotional Period are eligible for automatic entry. Note: ATM transactions do not qualify for entries. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Account adjustment transactions/returns, cash advances, balance transfers, non-U.S.-dollar purchases, Interlink®-processed transactions, purchases authorized by entering a PIN (personal identification number), payment of late fees or over-limit fees, and Visa health and benefit cards are excluded from automatic entry. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Visa Debit Cards or card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. 3) Alternate Means of Entry: You will receive one Promotion entry when you complete a 3 x 5 index card with your complete name, age, address, phone number and email address. Entries may be dropped off at any Northeast Credit Union branch or send by mail to Northeast Credit Union, Attn. NECU CARDS FOR REAL LIFE SWEEPSTAKES, PO Box 1240, Portsmouth, NH 03802-1240. Entries must be received before 11:59:59 EST on December 31, 2018.
4. Grand Prize and Winner Selection- There will be (1) One Grand Prize of $2,500.00. The grand prize winner will be drawn randomly on or about January 7, 2019 from all eligible entries received. The odds of winning will depend upon the number of entries received. The grand prize winner will be notified by NECU no later than January 14, 2019 at the email address or phone number on record with cardholder’s NECU Visa account. Prizes will be deposited into winner’s NECU accounts or presented by check in person. Prizes are non-transferable and prize substitution will not be allowed. If the grand prize winner does not respond by January 18, 2019, another winner will be drawn.
5. Taxes - Prize(s) are considered taxable income, and winner(s) will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes. Winner(s) may receive appropriate tax form reflecting the amount they receive as a prize.
6. General -Sponsor will collect information from the entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify the winner. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes, nor attempt to contact entrant, unless entrant has agreed to receive further information on Sponsor’s products and promotions. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries, and transactions; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, winner’s inability to participate in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any and all records of potential winner, including, without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports, and entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s permission for Sponsor to conduct such background check, provided that, to the extent additional authorization is necessary under law, potential winner shall authorize such check. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify potential winner based on the results of the background check or failure to properly authorize such check. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice and for any reason including, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award prize in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes.
7. Disputes- Any dispute arising from this Promotion will be determined according to the laws of the State of New Hampshire, without reference to its conflict of laws principles, and by entering the Promotion, you fully consent to the personal jurisdiction of the State and Federal Courts located in Rockingham County, New Hampshire and agree that such courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
8. Sponsor & Administrator- Northeast Credit Union, PO Box 1240, Portsmouth, NH 03802-1240. Visa USA Inc. will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded. Visa USA Inc. has not offered or sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way. For more information, call (888)436-1847 or write us at Northeast Credit Union PO Box 1240 Portsmouth, NH 03802-1240