Love Your Community Awards
Helping the heartbeat of our community.
Since 2020, The Love Your Community Awards have granted $240,000 to 120 non-profits. These grants aim to support deserving nonprofits to use toward funding community initiatives that positively impact where we live, work and play. But we didn’t do it alone. We asked you, the community, to vote for the organizations that were most important to you.
The 2021 Love Your Community Awards has ended. Thank you for your support and we look forward to tallying your votes next year!
How it works.
It’s easy. Complete the online application, telling us about your nonprofit organization and how you show your love for the community through your project, event or plan. The Awards run February-July.The Application Period Has Ended.
Starting on the 15th of each month, our community will have an opportunity to vote from a list of the qualified non-profits.
One vote per person.
Voting is closed.
Votes will be tallied the first week of the month and the top nonprofits will be awarded $500 to $5,000 for their community efforts.
In keeping with our mission, Northeast Credit Union provides sponsorships predominantly to organizations that undertake initiatives that help people enhance their financial well-being and address issues within the following impact areas:
- Financial literacy
- Family financial stability
- Affordable housing
- Economic development
- Community development
Northeast Credit Union funds not-for-profit organizations as defined by section 501(c) 3 of the IRS Tax Code. The following is a list of eligibility requirements that your organization must meet in order to be considered for sponsorship from Northeast Credit Union:
- Organization must be tax exempt under 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code. You will be asked to provide your EIN number.
- Organization must be based within 30 miles of a Northeast Credit Union branch.
- Organization must have an operating history of five years or more.
- Organization must be non-discriminatory – including race, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation and/or national origin.
Northeast Credit Union does not provide support to the following:
- Annual appeals
- Capital campaigns
- Organizations, projects, or events that are political in nature
- Political campaigns or candidates
- Programs, projects ,or events that benefit specific individuals
- Religious organizations