Privacy and Security
At Northeast Credit Union, the Board of Directors, management and staff make protecting your privacy and web security a priority.
We recognize that preserving your trust includes protecting your personal and financial information. We do not share any information that you provide us with third parties other than what is necessary to provide you with the services or products you have requested, or is required by law, or to protect ourselves against fraud.
Northeast Credit Union's single purpose is to provide you with financial products and services to meet your financial goals. We intend to offer you diverse financial services including competitive products made available by our strategic relationships with other institutions or service providers. We believe these are the reasons you do business with Northeast Credit Union. We also believe you do your financial business with us because we have a strong history of protecting our members' privacy.
What Members Can Do to Help
Northeast Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members and customers. You can protect yourself by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and passwords.
- Never keep your PIN with your ATM card, check or credit card which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Create a strong password for your online accounts. For help on creating a strong password click here.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons.
- If someone contacts you via telephone or email explaining they are contacting you on behalf of the credit union, and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
Contacting Northeast Credit Union
Northeast Credit Union
PO Box 1240 - 100 Borthwick Avenue
Portsmouth, NH 03802-1240
888-436-1847 • [email protected]*
Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions - we are here to serve you!